Tuberculosis Control Program
- Tuberculosis is transmitted through the air by individuals with contagious TB who are in close contact with others.
- In 2010, Louisiana was ranked 8th in the nation for case rates (new cases per 100,000 population).
- Tuberculosis is curable and preventable.
- The recognized method for controlling the spread of tuberculosis is directly observed therapy (DOT) where a health care provider observes the patient take every dose of medications.
- DOT is the standard of care for TB cases in Louisiana.
Contact Us - Office of Public Health TB Control Staff Directory
Louisiana TB Morbidity Reports
Louisiana Tuberculosis Manual
Blood Assay for Tuberculosis - Decision to implement Blood Assay for Tuberculosis (BAMT)/ Interferon Gamma Release Assay (IGRA). Click here for T-SPOT.TB presentation.