Children's Choice Waiver (CC)
Call BAYOU HEALTH. We can help!
What is the Children's Choice Waiver (CC)?
Children's Choice Waiver offers supplemental support to children with developmental disabilities who currently live at home with their families, or who will leave an institution to return home.
Children's Choice is an option offered to children on the Request for Services Registry (RFSR) for the New Opportunity Waiver (NOW), as funding permits.
What Services are Provided Under the CC?
- All medically necessary Medicaid services.
- $16,660 per year in Children's Choice services.
- Support Coordination (case management)
- Family Support
- Center-Based Respite
- Environmental Accessibility Adaptations
- Family Training
How Does My Family Qualify for the CC?
The child must:
- Be age birth through age 18 years.
- Meet ICF/DD level of care for medical and/or psychological criteria. Procedures and requirements for admission to the waiver are the same as for ICF/DD determination.
- Meet the federal definition for a developmental disability.
- Meet financial criteria
Note: Individuals who are Medicaid eligible can now receive Personal Care Services in their homes without being in one of the waiver service programs.