HCBS Provider: Add a Branch or Satellite
The Department at its sole discretion, and taking into consideration resources of the department, may approve or deny application for branch or satellite locations.
An HCBS provider licensed for at least one year may submit an application to the Department for approval to open a branch or satellite:
Branch or Satellite requirements:
1. Located within the same LDH administrative region as the parent agency.
2. Parent agency must have full licensure for at least one year prior to application for approval to open a branch or satellite.
Branch - provide one or more of following service modules: PCA, SIL, Respite In-home Care
Satellite - provide Adult Day Care (ADC) or Center Based Respite CareOff-Site
$200 non-refundable for each branch
$250 non-refundable for each satellite
Fees must be in the form of certified check, company check, or money order made payable to the Department of Health and Hospitals. Payments must be mailed with a Payment Transmittal Form to LDH Licensing Fee, PO Box 62949, New Orleans, LA 70161-2949. The application form and any supporting documentation must be mailed to HSS, PO Box 3767, Baton Rouge, LA 70821-3767. Please visit the HSS Payment Procedure website for complete details.
Steps to Add a Branch or Satellite Office
1. Complete license application form
2. Enter information in Section XIII Satellite/Branch Offices
3. Check box labeled "check if any change has occurred since last application"
4. Submit the completed application form and fee to:
Health Standards Section
P.O. Box 3767
Baton Rouge, LA 70821
Please refer to the HCBS Providers Minimum Licensing Standards for service module definitions, general provisions, operational requirements and branch/satellite requirements. A link to the regulation and HCBS program desk contacts are located on the HCBS home page.