HCBS Provider: Deemed Status Request
An HCBS provider may request deemed status from the department. The department may accept accreditation in lieu of a routine on-site resurvey provided that:
• the accreditation is obtained through an organization approved by the department (See HCBS license application Section XIV) ;
• all services provided under the HCBS license must be accredited; and
• the provider forwards the accrediting body’s findings to the Health Standards Section within 30 days of its accreditation.
Fee must be in the form of certified check, company check, or money order made payable to the Department of Health and Hospitals.
Steps to Obtain Deemed Status
Submit the following to Health Standards:
1. Written request for deemed status
2. Proof of accreditation from an accrediting body approved by the Department
If approved by Health Standards the following will be needed:
- Completed HCBS license application form
- $25 non-refundable fee
Health Standards Section
P.O. Box 3767
Baton Rouge, LA 70821
Please refer to the HCBS Providers Minimum Licensing Standards for service module definitions, general provisions, operational requirements and branch/satellite requirements. A link to the regulation and HCBS program desk contacts are located on the HCBS home page.