The STD/HIV Program's (SHP) Services Unit provides a variety of patient care services to individuals living with HIV/AIDS, such as primary medical care, medications, dental services, assistance with transportation, rent and utilities, child care, supplemental food items, and other needed support services.
The Services Program is primarily funded through the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and the State of Louisiana.
The primary components of the Services Unit are:
- SHP Services and Medicare Part D
- All individuals who have Medicare Part A and/or B are eligible for Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plans. Therefore, individuals with Medicare are also required to enroll in a Medicare Part D Plan and apply for Low Income Subsidy (LIS also called "Extra Help") before they can receive prescription and/or insurance assistance through Ryan White Part B.
- Individuals are STRONGLY encouraged to contact either the medical center Social Service Department or the Ryan White case management agency in their area for more information on how to enroll in Medicare Part D and LIS as well as how to access co-payment and premium assistance. For more information, including contacts information for local case management agencies, please click here.
- State of Louisiana Statewide Coordinated Statement of Need & HIV Comprehensive Plan
- The Statewide Coordinated Statement of Need (SCSN) is a general statement of the needs of people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWH/A) in the state of Louisiana based on epidemiological trends, barriers to care and known service needs for affected populations. The SCSN also outlines recommendations for improving the continuum of care throughout the state of Louisiana.
The HIV Comprehensive Plan (CP) provides an overview of the current service delivery system, as well as identified unmet needs and gaps. Furthermore, a plan comprised of goals, objectives, activities and a plan for monitoring and evaluating progress in these areas are presented, which represents a three-year strategy for the delivery of HIV-related services that will ultimately improve the availability and quality of these services in Louisiana.
- Click here to see the complete Statewide Coordinated Statement of Need & HIV Comprehensive Plan.
For additional information regarding the HAP Services Unit, contact:
- Kira Radtke Friedrich, Services Manager
- STD/HIV Program Poydras St, Suite 2136
- New Orleans, LA 70112